AMRUTANJAN DEPOT began as a Patent Medicine business in 1893 at Bombay (Mumbai).
The Head Quarters of Amrutanjan Depot shifted to Madras (Chennai) later.
It became a Public Limited company in 1936 with the name of "AMRUTANJAN LIMITED" which markets a wide range of OTC Health Care Products.
Its products have earned a very good brand equity according to the recent market survey by " Financial Express-MODE Survey Company ".
With a view to start the business of Fine Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Amrutanjan Ltd. commissioned Prof. T.R.Govindachari, a well-known organic chemist, to set up a modern Research and Development Centre in May 1977.
It surely will keep pace with the times!
Amrutanjan obtained GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice ) under Schedule T, authorised by Government of India.
Managed by a highly qualified team of scientists and professionals, he R & D centre that houses a library and laboratory, will soon launch an anti-cancer drug Vinblastine/Vincristine based purely on the herbal extract of Vinca Rosa plant.
Amrutanjan's Export market includes the Middle-East, West African Countries, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Mauritius, New Zealand, Australia, London and Malaysia. Arrangements are also being made to enter the US market.
The products have already been registered as per norms prescribed by the FDA ( Food and Drug Administration ).
Amrutanjan has also forayed successfully into Information Technology, Finance and Printing.